Monday, March 5, 2007

Jewelry Display Ideas





When I first decided to start selling my jewelry, I went out and ordered a box of black velvet displays. Which turned out to be a huge mistake for me. See my first show was at an outdoor music festival, you know, rain, shine or high winds. So when the day arrived for my show, of course, the wind was blowing. I will tell you, everytime the wind gusted, those black velvet displays with my jewelry would blow off the table onto the ground. I believe, I spent more of my time picking up my jewelry then I did selling. Needless to say, it was a huge diaster.

After that I started building my own displays. These particular ones are built out of wood and have never blown over or tipped over at a show.




This wood stands is made out of 1 x 1 " pine wood. I like it because of it's diversity. I am able to load necklaces with matching bracelets (bracelets hang on top bar) or I can use the same little wood stand for displaying my earrings with velcro dots on the back of home made business cards/hang tags. Also, the wood stands are great because I can just grab the top bar and carry them to the car, already pre-loaded with jewelry. The other great thing about it is that it doesn't take up alot of valuable table top for display. And more importantly they have never blown over in a wind storm or tipped over during a indoor show.



I, also, made some matching open-ended pine boxes. I use them to frame my other stands or as a portable table shelf. They are very versatile. I have even used them to add extra heighth to my lighting fixtures during a show. Sometimes, I drape them with fabric. The boxes are built to nestle in each other, so they dont take up alot of space in the car between shows or on a table.
I know, with the beginning of a new show season starting, that I am already looking for new ideas that I could adapt into my ever changing display.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing your displays. I've used the velvet trays and give them a little humidity and they buckle up and are a mess. I'm not always brave enough to build things but you make it look easy!